Friday, October 18, 2013

The Monster: That Vintage Look

I went to a 60s themed party last Saturday so I decided to do a tutorial on how to achieve a vintage look. I'm not a fan of the bright colours of the 60s but I really like the rock/gothic/biker side to that so that's the look I went for. I stood out in the party, believe it or not... Amongst all of the bright colours, there was me.

You will need:
  • At least 6 hair pins
  • Hairspray
  • Red lipstick
  • Eyebrow definer
  • Black eyeliner
  • A vintage dress

1. I teased my fringe so that it would flip backwards and held it with hairspray.

2. I pinned my hair up, with 2 pins, pushing the quiff slightly to the front  so that it had some height to it.

3. I then pinned the sides of my hair flat against my head and sprayed everything in place.
Use the flat side of your hairbrush to neaten the sides.

4. Put concealer and foundation on. You should know how to do this.

5. Using your eyeliner, extend the end of your lash line diagonally upwards.
Make sure the end of the points are sharp.

6. Thicken those eyebrows and add your preferred shade of red lipstick to your lips.
The lighting in our living room is slightly better for a vintage effect :-)

7. I actually didn't change until about 2 hours later and it was already quite dark outside.
This dress is from blackbutterflyclothing.com

This look would have worked better if I had longer hair.
But, I still liked how everything turned out.

My face is not this pale in real life!
If anyone is daring enough to try this look then please tell me! At the actual party, I didn't have that much fun... My friends decided not to go last minute and I was left with people I didn't know.


EXTRA INFORMATION

A friend of mine is doing Business Enterprise at his school and has asked me to help with promoting it. They have a Facebook page which you can check out with information about their products and updates of everything. I'll post the link at the bottom of this post.

Here are their designs which they're hopefully going to manufacture soon:


I personally like 3, 5 and 8 if it was in black. If you like any of them then please comment below this post and please, please, please share the page with friends!

Also, since this is based in the UK, I don't know what's going to happen with the people in the USA but when information about that comes along, I'll pass this on through my own blog.

That's all for this week!

My Blog: thatpurplemonster.blogspot.co.uk
My Twitter: @thatpurmonster

Tela Co: facebook.com/telaclothinguk

No comments:

Post a Comment